Can’t wait for this chat via Zoom that I will bring for you shortly thereafter.
The album to be released on the 8th of this month has everything including a great song called Mysterious featuring my most recent interviewee Eric Martin of Mr. Big.
From the media release:
Using the down time from his normally relentless touring activity due to the worldwide pandemic, renowned vocalist Jeff Scott Soto decided to create a very special album which pays tribute to some of the classic songs he has recorded over the course of his storied career. But, rather than simple re-records, he wanted to make the album something special, unique. So, he not only did re-record these songs with his musical friends Jorge Salan, Howie Simon (guitars), Leo Mancini (guitars), Tony Dickinson (bass) and Edu Cominato (drums), but he called in some of his fellow rock friends and vocalists to create a unique DUETS album. With the likes of Erik Martensson (Eclipse, W.E.T.), Dino Jelusick (Animal Drive, Dirty Shirley), Eric Martin (Mr. Big), Johnny Gioeli (Hardline), Deen Castronovo (Revolution Saints), Nathan James (Inglorious), Russell Allen (Symphony X), Renan Zonta (Electric Mob), Mats Leven (Candlemass, TSO), BJ (Spektra, SOTO), and Aliro Netto, this is an amazing international affair.
The tracklisting alone will surely make any JSS fan excited, much less hearing the final product. Where can you get such an amazing list of singers and songs all in the same place?
Jeff says, “It was a DREAM to cast these voices and I am so amped for you to hear the results…”
Jeff Scott Soto is a man that needs virtually no introduction to any discerning melodic rock fan. Jeff launched his career at a young age in tremendous fashion as the lead vocalist for Yngwie Malmsteen’s debut album, “Rising Force” and the sophomore album, “Marching Out”. That first step into the spotlight has led to a career that has seen Jeff play and work with an outstanding number of artists and genres. From the AOR of Eyes and Takara, to the hard rock and Metal of Talisman, Axel Rudi Pell, Soul SirkUS and of course, his time with the legendary Journey. Jeff has also maintained a solo career over the past decades, while also recently joining up with the progressive metal supergroup Sons of Apollo.
1. Livin’ The Life (ROCK STAR) with Erik Martensson (Eclipse/W.E.T.)
2. Don’t Let It End (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) – with Dino Jelusick (Animal Drive)
3. Mysterious (TALISMAN) – with Eric Martin (Mr. Big)
4. Believe in Me (JSS) – with Nathan James (Inglorious)
5. Coming Home (SOUL SIRKUS) – with Deen Castronovo (Revolution Saints, Journey)
6. I’ll Be Waiting (TALISMAN) – with Alirio Netto (Shaman, Queen Extravaganza)
7. Callin’ All Girls (EYES) – with Russell Allen (Symphony X, Allen/Lande)
8. Colour My XTC (TALISMAN) – with Renan Zonta (Electric Mob)
9. Warrior (AXEL RUDI PELL) – with Johnny Gioeli (Hardline, Axel Rudi Pell)
10. Holding On (JSS) – with BJ (SOTO, Spektra)
11. Again 2 B Found (HUMANIMAL) – with Mats Leven (Candlemass)
Total length: 0.46.30
Jeff Scott Soto – Vocals and Keys
Edu Cominato – Drums
Tony Dickinson – Bass
Jorge Salan – Guitars
Howie Simon – Guitars
Leo Mancin – Guitars
** This will be my second chat with Jeff and man oh man did he ever hit a home run. The album is metal and hard rock all the way but I didn’t realize the energy two different male voices leading off of each could bring.
Very up-tempo and super melodic.
It is a must have and rates easily with a 11 on a scale of 1-10.**